Spring 2017 Course
In this third iteration of the special topics course, there were 4 students: 2 alumni from the pilot and Fall 2016 class and 2 new students, Linh Le'19 and Keylee Sampson '19.
For the first half of the course, we focused on developing materials for presentation at the Understanding Interventions Conference on March 3-5th in San Antonio, TX.
We also focused on...
- Analyzing the data from the Fall 2016 pilot workshop
- Drafting a simple, inclusive practice guide for faculty from literature & student surveys
- Sending a student survey on thriving in STEM at Amherst, collaborating with Amherst Chapter of Association of Women in Science (AWIS)
- Presenting to the Board of Trustees of Amherst College
- Materials presented at the Understanding Interventions Conference can be shared upon request.
- The draft of the inclusive practice guide was formed into an inclusive practices handbook, with the help of numerous faculty and staff taking our draft into a handbook in the summer of 2017.
- Results of the student survey is summarized below.
Still Under Construction